The Emigration Act, 1983 (Section 10) requires that those who wish to recruit Indian citizens for employment abroad shall register themselves with the registering authority i.e., the Protector General of Emigrants (PGE).
- The fee prescribed (Rule 7) for registration is Rs. 25,000/-. Initially, the Registration Certificate (RC) is valid for a period of five years.
- The form for applying for registration as recruiting agent can be downloaded from below
- To Download Application Form click here
- To Download Form II Affidavit click here
- To Download revised Form Check-List for Processing for Registration Certificate click here
- To Download Office Memorandum click here
- To Download Authenticity of Attested Documents click here
- To Download Amendment in Employment Agreement by the foreign employers
with emigrant workers (s). click here
- The applicant is required to deposit Bank Guarantee of Rs.20 Lakhs.
To improve and streamline the procedure for processing of fresh applications for registration as recruiting agent under the Emigration Act, it has been decided that with effect from 1st April, 2007, the fresh applications for registration as recruiting agent will be submitted to the respective Protector of Emigrants as per their territorial jurisdictions, who will do the initial scrutiny to verify the completeness of the applications and forward the same to the Ministry along with all the documents including:
- The POE Inspection Report of the premises of the proposed office of the RA and
- The police report (RCC) on verification of character and antecedents of the applicants.
In cases where validity of an existing RC has already expired and could not be renewed for any reason, the RA concerned can seek fresh registration if he or she wants to continue the recruitment business. In such cases of re-registration, no inspection of premises or verification of antecedents is insisted on if there is no change in the address or ownership, if the time gap is not much.